E09: Triangular Frameworks
How many different triangles can you make that follow a set of rules?
This task asks students to select and apply mathematical content from across the grades, including the content standards:
- H.A-CED: Create equations that describe numbers or relationships
- 7.G: Draw, construct, and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
Note: These references are provisional: we are still developing our critera for consistently linking individual tasks to the CCSS.
MAP Assessment Task Types
- Expert Rich, less structured tasks requiring strategic problem-solving skills as well as content knowledge.
The task types indicate the breadth and depth of CCSS mathematical practices assessed by the task. Novice tasks involve only MP2 and MP6 and do so at a low level. Apprentice tasks add MP3 and MP7 but, because of the guidance within the task, do so at a comparatively modest level. Expert tasks aim to cover the full range of practices.
Note: these task types offer a guide as to how tasks relate to the mathematical practices. We are currently considering whether referencing the specific practices relating to each task would be useful or appropriate.
- triangular_frameworks.pdf ( 73.8K PDF/Acrobat 07 Apr 2011)
- triangular_frmwrks_rubric.pdf ( 67K PDF/Acrobat 07 Apr 2011)
Student Work - unscored
- triangular frameworks un.pdf ( 198.2K PDF/Acrobat 14 Apr 2011)
Student Work - scored
- triangular frameworks sc.pdf ( 328.4K PDF/Acrobat 14 Apr 2011)
Note: please bear in mind that these prototype materials need some further trialing before inclusion in a high-stakes test.
The MAP Summative Assessment Tasks may be distributed, unmodified, under the Creative Commons Attribution, Non-commercial, No Derivatives License 3.0. All other rights reserved. Please send any enquiries about commercial use or derived works to firstname.lastname@example.org.